Thursday, September 2, 2010

Almost Race Time

Can you believe that? When I signed up for this race it felt so far away, and yet we pack up tomorrow to head to Virginia Beach so I can run my 13.1 miles.

Have I been blogging the last bit of my training? Nope.
Have I been running the last bit of my training? Yes and no.

Why?

Well I haven't really been blogging much in general. Matt got a new job, and I have been working some insane hours and when we get home I just want to hang out. I have been making an effort to put down the laptop and actually talk to him in the evenings.

Running? Well, honestly, the last month I am just a little tired of it. I still want to run my race, and I still want to run after my race, but I am ready for running to be on my terms, not some plan I made up. I also just didn't realize how much of my time would be taken up by training. Some days at work just drain me and I just can't muster the energy to run that night.

So I am not going into this race feeling 100% ready, but I know I can do this.

I have run 11 miles. I only have two expectations for the race on Sunday.

1- To cross the finish line
2- to have fun!

That is all. If I walk a water stop or 2, I am ok with that. If I take longer than I originally thought I am ok with that too. I am doing something I have wanted to do for a long time. I am only doing this for myself, so I get to set the rules for it!

If you pray, toss up a little prayer for me on Sunday am. Pray that my knee holds up and I can make it to the end in as little pain as possible. (I ran in NC - part outside and part inside, but I had to cut it short because my knee started hurting. Been taking it easy since. I just want to make it to race day)

I will be back with a recap of my race. Maybe some pictures too!

If you are going to be in VA Beach running please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment