Thursday, February 18, 2010

back at it

Last night I ran 3 miles and it felt good. I ran it at a 10:07 min mile pace. (I jumped off at the 20 min mark for about 30 seconds and coughed up a lung- then hopped back on)

I have been super sore from my Jillian workout. Thats a good thing, except all the ab work means coughing and laughing KILL (and I do both things a lot lately)

I am going to try and run Saturday outside to get my lungs and body used to the cold air. I am going home so I will pick one of my old routes and go for it. I don't have a GPS watch yet, so pacing and knowing how far I go will be a challenge, but I am going to run for 30-40 mins and figure that will be about 3-3.5 miles.

I may try to run outside a couple nights next week after work. I will run in their neighborhood because it is less sketchy. It is pretty hilly which makes me not happy, but I will call it good for my butt and tough it out. I may also go and run the 5K route one night next week too. Just to have an idea of what it is like. Maybe.

I am nervous for my first race. I don't really care how well I do. I expect that I will be slower than normal because of the cold, and possible hills. I just don't know what to do, where to go. I don't like being a newbie alone. I think I will put on my iPod and just go with the flow.

Ok - I need to clean the rest of the apartment, finish stuff work work, shower and go to bed, and it is already 10pm. Dang it.

No comments:

Post a Comment