Thursday, June 10, 2010

5 miles no prob

I came home from work today EXHAUSTED. I knew I had 5 miles scheduled and I had no idea how it was going to happen.

I fell asleep for maybe 20 mins and then got up and talked myself into going. I had 3 of the Power Bar Energy Gel Blasts (Try them free HERE)

This was surprisingly one of my best runs yet.  I typically get tight and tired at about 1.5 miles, and sometimes stop and stretch out for 30 seconds. I went 2.5 miles before my legs even thought about getting tired. :-D I popped another gummy at mile 3 and 4, I don't know if they did anything for real or if I just tricked myself into thinking it was working. Either way, I ran my 5 miles and felt great during it. I hit a wall at 4.7 miles and forced myself to stick it out. I typically turn up the speed my last mile and just bust it out. But I was so tired my legs wouldn't allow that this time. I finished in 52:38 - I am happy with that time!

I have 6 miles planned for Sunday. I am sure it will be alright. 6 miles is a little less than half of the half marathon. I am feeling confident in my training and ability now. I am getting excited! Too bad its 2.5 months away. Honestly, I think I just as excited about the beach time as I am the race.

1 comment:

  1. Way to push through at the end. Beach time is definitely as immportant as race time!

    ReplyDelete