Saturday, December 12, 2009


I got a card in the mail today :-D The back of the envelope showed me beating Aubrey. I loved it - but that will never happen. That girl runs further and faster than me on any given day and makes it look so easy. ( ok maybe not look easy - because I haven't seen her run, but she makes it sound easy) Nice to get a little pat on the back and kick in the butt at the same time.

I got up early today and went to Tysons Corner to see Carol. I tried to talk her into starting to run, she wants to but just doesn't have time. I get that. If I had any other commitments I think my commitment level to this training would be a lot less. She also asked what made me start doing this, and it is funny because I don't really know. I have always wanted to run a half marathon, and I have always enjoyed running, but it was never something that came super easy for me. But I looked in the mirror, and even worse, in pictures tagged of me on facebook and I didn't recognize the person there. How did my weight and overall fitness get so out of hand? I couldn't take it anymore. Something had to give. So why not work on something I have wanted to do for a long time. She makes a very good point, the desire to run has to come from inside. It doesn't matter who wants you to run with them, if you don't want to do it, you won't stick with it. It is hard at first, and even when it gets easier it is still hard somedays. I am glad something has clicked because I am enjoying it more than ever.

Today I ran my 3.5 miles. I ran at faster paces from before. My first 2.5 miles was at 11:32 and my last mile was at 10:45. My goal is to be at a 10 min mile when I get to 4 miles at one time.

My first big hurdle is on the horizon - this am I was feeling a little stuffy, while I was running this afternoon I could feel the snot and sinus gunk building up, by the time I was babysitting my throat was killing me, and now 7 hours later I feel horrible. How is this going to effect my running? As long as it stays in my head I am going to still run, just take tissues with me. If it moved to my chest I may have to take a day or 2 off - maybe some light walking. I am going to bed and hope this goes away. :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment