Wednesday, December 16, 2009

12/13-12/15

So remember that hurdle I was talking about? I ran right at it, and didn't jump. Ok - so by the time I went to bed Saturday I knew there was no heading this cold off. When I got up on Sunday I felt horrible. I went back to sleep, then got up and did a couple household things and felt like I was going to pass out. I had to take another nap, for 2 hours. Then I got up and laid around took a hot shower and Nyquil and went to bed smelling of Vicks. Monday was a really rough day, the girls, me and their dad were all sick. We went on a little walk and I got so exhausted. There was no way I was going to be able to run Monday night.

Tuesday I was feeling much better, a little stuffy in my head, but not much more. So I went to run. I decided that I would still up the mileage but slow my pace a little. I ran my 2.75 pretty easily, walked my 5, ran .5 of my last mile and then had a coughing fit and had to stop. Pretty good for being a sicky.

I feel better today and I hope that Thursday's goes well so I can get back on plan. I went 9 weeks before I missed a day running that I haven't made up. Not bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment